With 2018 coming to an end, I thought it would be an opportune time to let you know what the Residents Association has been doing on your behalf during the year. The Committee normally have an annual meeting for residents at this time of the year, however given that we had one at the end of September in relation to the Glencairn development, we thought it would be better to leave the next one until 2019.
2018 was a busy year for the Committee, with the following being our main achievements:
1. Text Alert system set up with An Garda Siochana and Sendmode – c.200 residents signed up
2. Submission made to DLRCC on the Local Area Plan
3. Submission made to Dublin Bus on the proposed Bus Connects plan
4. Landscaping of the green at Glencairn Crescent arranged with DLRCC Parks Department
5. Pruning of trees, cleaning of gullies and repairs to footpaths throughout the estate arranged with DLRCC
6. New road signs on Glencairn Rise, Glencairn Oaks and Glencairn Grove
7. Objection to Glencairn development submitted to An Bord Pleanala on the grounds of road traffic impact, Luas impact, height and visual impact
8. 7 estate clean-ups held during the year
9. Attendance at Council Deputations where parking, dog fouling and other estate maintenance issues above were raised and action agreed with DLRCC
10.Attendance at the Local Policing Forum
11.Paypal donations facility set up on our website – a big thank you to all the residents who made donations!
12.Addition of 2 new members to the Committee
Looking forward, I think the biggest issue facing us in the next few years will be the ongoing residential development in the area and how this in turn will impact on road traffic congestion, Luas capacity and other local services and infrastructure. These issues will be our priorities in 2019 along with the continued maintenance and development of the estate.
Finally, I would like to thank the hard working members of the Committee, Liz, Noreen and Vincent, for their tireless efforts on behalf of the residents of the Gallops. I would also like to thank our website and Facebook administrator, Julie, for all her work behind the scenes too and we look forward to welcoming her and Ailbhe on to the Committee in 2019!
I hope the rest of 2018 is good to you and that you have a peaceful and happy Christmas.